Airmail & hazardous products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airmail & hazardous products

Is there a way of preventing customers from choosing airmail if prohibited (solvent based) products have been added to the cart.?
    I thought using a 'hazardous' category would help but this only seems to allow me to fiddle with the cost of airmail. With Royal Mail threatening legal action for transgression of their rules perhaps this is one for the wish list?
    I have checked the shipping forum and searched the community.
    Thanks.
    http://www.bowstock.co.uk

I have a similar issue with Class1 items.

Maybe you could use the alternative weights and set your DGs to 6000kg , making it higher than the maximum weight allowed for your airmail ?

And your Road Cargo would still be able to use normal weights ?

Not sure if this would work !!!

Comment

As an aside, Royal Mail is changing the allowed rules for domestic shipping too from April. This will see quite a few beauty/perfume retailers go out of business.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It's not just airmail - parcel carriers like City Link fly parcels to Northern Ireland, and therefore parcels must not contain hazardous products, in our case, 400ml aerosols. Had a nasty letter from the CAA a few years ago!

Such goods must go surface and City Link must be told - in practice that doesn't happen so we put a bold red text notice on the Product Page saying it can't be sent overseas, or by post, and cancel the order if we get one.

In actual fact, as Jules hints, numerous items, including aerosols over 350ml, cannot be sent by ordinary Royal Mail surface post within the UK - the current list is on their website.
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
        X