how to hide helper pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to hide helper pages

Something has changed here between Actinic 10 and Sellerdeck 11/12. I'm hoping for some advice on how to achieve similar functionality.

Actinic:
    I have a "helper" page that holds several products which are linked across to a dropdown selector as "associated products" on a "product group" layout. The purpose of this is to avoid having loads of similar individual products displayed that all share the same image.

This method provides a single product "group" item with common image and a drop list to select associated products and prices into the cart.

It works just fine and the "helper" page with associated product data is NOT VISIBLE on the site.

To hide the helper page, I found that UNchecking the "include in site map" option for the helper page suppresses the helper page display but still allows all associated products to be active for selector linking and cart activity.

Sellerdeck:
    Upgrading the same site to Sellerdeck changes this feature and the unwanted helper page is displayed on the site. I can't use the "hide on website" option as this also then hides all the associated products and the data and pricing is no longer available for the linked selector.

Is there a way to suppress a page from displaying on the site but still leave the contained product data active?
    thanks

Greg

There's a "No Layout" option for Product Layouts that effectively make them invisible.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If it's the menu you can hide a section see: How can I choose which sections to show in the Top Level Section List? or brochure page see: How can I stop some Brochure Pages from appearing in the list?
      Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Norman that did the trick.
        thanks

Greg

Comment

Thanks Peblaco, not what I needed but an excellent tip regardless, thanks a lot.
          thanks

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X