Visits but no Sales? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ross,

I use Firefox and your site has a few format problems in that browser, although it's OK in IE. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction to correct that.

Is the website aimed at the construction industry or the public? As your home page emphasises the construction industry the public may just move on thinking it's not for them. If you are aiming for the public then I'd have VAT inclusive pricing to aid comparison with B&Q and Amazon etc.

Personally I'd title 'Delivery Options' just Shipping. I'd leave the 'hopes to' out of the opening sentence and be positive! It might never happen but I'm unsure what the charge is for a £110 order weighing 21Kg - is it £0.23?

I'd re-draft the 'Shipping and Handling' and 'Delivery Schedule' paragraphs in the T&Cs - even combine them. They have several grammatical and spelling errors and the information conflicts with each other and with your new Delivery Options wording.

Also, under Tax Charges you say you will only accept orders from the UK but under Making A Purchase you talk about ordering from North America - which is it?

Personally i don't like sites that force me to create an account before I can buy - I think that should be optional.

Your eBay link should go to your eBay shop not your 'My World' page.

Hopefully your conversion rate will pick up soon but no matter how slick the website, price will always be the deciding factor in today's austere times. Not your decision I know!! Good luck.
    www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Guess what over the weekend WE GOT A SALE!!!! Not getting over excited or anything aha.

Ive followed advice on here and changed the T&Cs majorly. Ive also added the delivery page. Lastly, I've put one of our products on for cost + VAT which is cheaper than practically anywhere online.

Hopefully our conversion rate will pick up in time. Just need to keep our prices a bit sharper.

Cheers all and massive thanks,
      Michael

Comment

I wonder how many of your visits are from consumers searching the term "dfs" and ending up with yourself instead of the store that sometimes advertises their sofa sale on TV?
        -Just a thought....

Comment

It's a good thought. I wondered the same thing.

Still, no points for guessing who's at position #1 on google for 'dfs' and who's at position #21.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

erm according to google analytics NONE of our visitors end up here after searching for dfs or dfs sofas or whatever .... you cant really miss dfs sofas

Comment

I take it you have placed on order for real yourself to 100% check that everything is working correctly?

Low orders can happen but no orders seems very strange.

Chris

Comment

ive done test orders through paypal and standard. My best guess says we're only really getting hits through people in Leicester and they would prefer to just come in to the store and get it. We have a lot of that happening.

In our line of business people use websites as a catalog almost.

Comment

True. I've done that myself with tool hire. Use the website to check what suppliers have and prices then phone up to book it before popping round to collect.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

we've had two sales in the last few sales totaling about £200 together. I don't think i made radical changes other than offering a rock-bottom price for a couple of items. But all of your guys suggestions must have worked!

Thanks a lot for all your help.
                    Michael

Comment

You have been busy. Looks a whole lot better. Hope the upward trend in sales continues.
                      www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Some more suggestions for your site: make the image at the top of the page clickable, linking to the same place as "Home". That's a standard feature of most websites.

Also, investigate changing the search results to a tabulated view. In the main help index, find "Search Results" and open it. Look for the field "Show Results in Columns" which gives some instructions on how to set it up.

After changing that you might want to consider applying the fix at http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53920
                        Hugh Gibson
                        CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Working...
                        X