Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alt text for thumbnails of the product image in the cart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alt text for thumbnails of the product image in the cart.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has put alt text against the thumbnails in the shopping cart.

I don't show the product but use that field to show a colour code which indicates when the item is shipped, usually I have a key under the cart but it would also be handy to hover over the image and the alt text to say 'March Delivery', 'May Delivery' etc.

I guess I can set up a custvar and use that to fill the alt text.

Thanks M
    Mash

Alt text is usually displayed when the image isn't visible (page loading, blind persons readers, etc). Some browsers don't display a tool-tip for alt text but do for the title attribute.

Cover both bases by doing alt="text....." title="text...."

Not sure why you need a Variable if you already have unique images. You could add some code that detects the image file-name and automatically adds the appropriate alt text. Either in ActinicOrder.pm or a bit of JavaScript on the Cart pages.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Of course the alt or title text would not work as there would not be possible to link it to a variable.

So code would be the only way but that is beyond me.

Thanks M
      Mash

Comment

See http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=28914 for a way to display user variables in the Cart.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X