Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some serious help here

I can't seem to import a list of products from an excel file to sellerdeck,
    If you treat it as if I'm a proper dummy, and explain it in non technical terms that would be great , I'm struggling to understand the different mapping sections, all I want to do is add section and to thos sections i want to add products with descriptions I've made in word and the product images,
    Just really struggling as to which part of my excel sheet goes where on the mapping??
    Thanks in advance folks
    Regards
    Louis

As a starting point export your catalog and look at the format of the data in Excel. You will then see how you need to rearrange your hierarchical import data.

There is also a flat file converter that is outlined in the help that may be useful.

If you keep the field header names the same then your mapping should be simple.

Comment

Thanks for that Mate, I was hoping to do a flat rate import the other seems a little complicated,
      Do you know how I could do that?cheers
      Louis

Comment

A flat file import is much easier than the hierarchical but IIRC you can't define folder sections or some of the more complicated product types such as options, variations, etc.

I find the easiest way to import product is to create your sections within Sellerdeck and then import the products. They'll sit in top level section so then you'll need to drag and drop them into the subsections you want them in.

Backup regularly as drag and drop has been associated with program crashes in the past.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok thanks for that, so what about pictures and descriptions that I've written in word how do I add them to the excel file to import them as a whole and do it like mike said,
          Cheers
          Louis

Comment

The descriptions can be imported from the excel file. If you've any embedded word formatting then it's best removed by first pasting into notepad (or any other standard text editor) before pasting the text into excel.

Image filenames can also be imported from your excel file.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok Mike cheers, do I need to put the pictures anywhere? And what do I actually type in the excell sheet? The full picture address?

Comment

Picture location was already suggested in a reply to your duplicate post (don't make duplicate posts, they're annoying and this thread should really have been a continuation of your first). As said there, a sub-folder of your Site folder is the best place. One called ProductImages would make sense.

Then in the Image Filename entry in your spreadsheet have entries like ProductImages\mypic.jpg
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, you can easily import Sections via a flat file, fully documented in the built-in help under How Does Importing Work?.

Note that only a few fields (the first 5 in that help example illustration) are really needed. All others are optional. Also, the Product Reference is not needed if you're letting SellerDeck auto-create it.

You'll probably want an additional Full Description columns for your Word snippets.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                    A
                    Backup regularly as drag and drop has been associated with program crashes in the past.
                    As it still is - happens most days
                    Kind Regards
                    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
                      As it still is - happens most days
                      What version are you using?

I tracked down and fixed a bug with crashing in drag and drop. The fix is in 11.0.3 (reference AC11-2747) and all SD2013.

If you're getting problems with these versions I would like to know more.
                      Hugh Gibson
                      CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

I haven't personally had any trouble with drag and drop since 11.03, and none so far on 12.01 since changing to a new computer. (The old computer had a few very peculiar quirks to it with Sellerdeck, such as refusing to compact the database despite all the required dll files etc being installed. This was definitely a computer specific problem)
                        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X