Stylesheet not loading since IE10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stylesheet not loading since IE10

I recently installed IE10 on my Win7 machine after which all sites within Sellerdeck load without the style sheet, both preview inside Sellerdeck and the browser. When I look at the source code I note that all the scripts and style sheet have loaded within the body tag.

If I strip out the metatags, then the stylesheet loads within Sellerdeck but not the browser. Hugely frustrating. Anyone got any solutions on this? I'm assuming something, somewhere is malformed as when I examine the same page in Firefox of Chrome they have the same problem but the browser is savvy enough to load the style sheet.

I should also say that this is not just custom sites but everything including default installations. This is also affecting Sellerdeck 11 but not 10.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

When I look at the source code I note that all the scripts and style sheet have loaded within the body tag.
    Odd. These should be within the header tag. Are they defined within the header tag in your content page layout?

Have you an online site we can look at?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Your right, it is very odd. All the code is in the right place within the template be it a default or custom, but it renders mostly below the body tag.

The odd thing is, if i look at some of my older sites, it is doing the same thing: Have a look at this which was a v9 site upgraded to 11: www.everythingairbrush.com All looks fine within Sellerdeck.
      Richard Gosler
      Dorset, UK

Comment

This is what I see on 'view source':

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
        <html>
        <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>The Spraygun Company Ltd</title>
        <link href="acatalog/actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/actiniccore.js?DAYNO=MHDB"></script>
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/actinicextras.js?DAYNO=MHDB"></script>
        <Actinic:COOKIECHECK />
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        </script><script type="text/javascript">
        // V3.11
        if ( typeof(jQuery) == 'undefined' ) document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></sc' + 'ript>');
        </script><script type="text/javascript">
        if ( typeof(jQuery.ui) == 'undefined' ) document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/jquery-ui-1.8.10.custom.min.js"></sc' + 'ript>');
        </script>
        </head>
        <body onLoad="PreloadImages('acatalog/button_back_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_checkout_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_contact_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_entershop_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_home_highlight.gif','<span style='color: #000000;'>button_login_highlight.gif</span>','acatalog/button_search_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_sitemap_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_storetop_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_terms_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_up_highlight.gif','acatalog/button_viewcart_highlight.gif');">
        <link href="acatalog/dhtmltooltip.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
        <div id="dhtmltooltip"></div>
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/dhtmltooltip.js"></script>
        So it's only your own css that's not in the header tag.

What's with the <Span> in the onload images?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've found that the best solution is to remove IE10, reverting to 9 and then it all works.
          Richard Gosler
          Dorset, UK

Comment

I'd first fix that

'<span style='color: #000000;'>button_login_highlight.gif</span>'

in the BODY tag. That error may be breaking your page and causing the IE10 problem.

It looks like someone's used the SellerDeck GUI to put black text on the login button. Remove that and see if things get better.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X