Issue with component pricing in offline orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with component pricing in offline orders

This was happening in earlier versions but I thought it would be fixed by now.

Right, I have a number of products set up, they are potatoes and they all share a product which calculates the postage for them which is hidden. For example:
    • Charlotte - 1kg bag ~ £1.50
    • Pink Fir Apple - 1kg bag ~ £1.50
    • Salad Blue - 1kg bag ~ £1.50
    • Trixie - 1kg bag ~ £1.50
    • Postage and Packing for Potatoes (in 1 Kg) ~ pricing below

What great names for potatoes.

The product pricing model is set to 'sum of product and components prices'.
    Component is set up to be 'separate line on the order' , use associated product prices, use associated tax, used associated product name are all ticked.

The P&P product using the pricing grid,
    • unit 1 = £5.00
    • units 2 = 3.50 each
    • units 3 = £2.33 each
    • units 4 = £2.00 each
    • etc up to 18 units

So you can order upto 18kg of potatoes and the postage is calculated, online it work fine (however I would like SD to do shipping differently but that is a long story).

However, if you do an offline order using the MOTO form and a customer orders:
    Charlotte - 1kg bag = £1.50
    P&P = £5.00
    Total price =£7.50

Now you increase the order to 2 bags, it should be:
    Charlotte - 1kg bag = £1.50 x 2 = £3.00
    P&P = £3.50 x 2 = £7.00
    Total price =£10.00

However, it takes the unit price £7.50 and times that by 2 so an offline order is actually costing £15.00!!

I know that I have brought this up in the past, I was hoping it was going to be fixed in this version. Doesn't anyone else have this issue or am I missing something?

Someone may say, can't you do P&P differently using the weigh function in SD, I appreciate that thought however, this is one product area of our range and the rest is set up with categories as this is the only way that we got P&P working in SD without hidden products hence the long story earlier.

Though would be appreciated. M
    Last edited by mash; 14-Mar-2013, 10:20 AM. Reason: Adding more details about the componet
    Mash

I got a support ticket open on this one, just to update the thread:

I will escalate this to our development staff to see if there has been a bug reported for this version as I can only find one for version 9.
    There is an issue, I remember that I reported the bug for v9 so fingers crossed it can be sorted.

Thanks M
    Mash

Comment

Working...
    X