Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from a 'A General Script Error Occurred'

A General Script Error Occurred
    ------------------------------
    Error: Error opening configuration file
    ../public_html/acatalog/locations.fil. No such file or directory
    ------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    This a slightly frustrating one, I have opened a ticket on this last week, I did the usual things to solve it, various uploads etc., with help from support. The error resolved itself.

However, once again this morning on an upload, I suffer from the same issue, before the upload I had an error/ information window informing me that there was an issue with a number of Customer's account and incorrect payment details. I am unsure of the correct description, when it happens again I will copy it and added for reference.

This window flags the issue, you upload, I check that the site is working and I get script error, go in and update the Customer accounts which have been flagged, upload and now error.

This has happened a couple of times, it may not be linked, but it looks like it is, I will go back to my ticket and say I think it is a bug and worth investigating.

I just wanted to highlight the issue just in case others were having the same issue.

Thanks M
    Mash

Right just to update this, below is the message I am getting, plus a screen shot attached

The following Customer Accounts are setup with disabled payment methods:

xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.co.uk

Please either change or enable their payment methods.
    I get this message during the upload, once it has finished, I get the script error, I update the Customer Account, upload again and script error goes.

It must be linked.

Has anyone else suffer from it?

Thanks M
    Attached Files
    Mash

Comment

did you check their payment methods?

It might be worth compacting and repairing the database.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Morning

This error comes up when a customer account is still set to use a payment method that is not configured for the site. Have any such changes been recently made, ie any payment method removed that was associated to customer accounts ?

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

That is what I am saying, I need to go in and do a test, it is being caused by accounts being set up online and when you download orders/accounts and then upload the site it happens.

As I said you have to go into the account and select a payment type then it is fine. I have worked all that out already, no payments have been removed, they are blank when they come down.

So I need to go in and generate an account to see why this is happening.
          Mash

Comment

Right, have looked at this, we have a paper catalogue people can order, there is no cost, so people run through, set up account and no payment is taken.

So people set up account, they can't select a payment type as no payment has happened, in the older version I think you had to select a payment before the check out.

So that is causing the problem, any solutions?

Thanks M
            Mash

Comment

Working...
            X