Easter Egg Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Egg Hunt

Hi there, strange one, we are doing an Easter egg hunt on our site, where visitors have to find an Easter egg hidden in one of the product pictures.

Great way to get people to look around the site. However, I did wonder if it was possible to excluded the product description from the search results for that product as some people are just typing in 'Easter Egg' and getting the Easter egg.

It would what I would try but it would have been good to reduce this.

All just a bit of fun, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try it yourself www.organicplants.co.uk

Thanks M
    Mash

Assuming its test rather than an image, then I would not add to the actual product, I would add within the design of the site and enable using a variable, for example:

Create a new variable called say 'Find This' or what ever you wanted.

Set it to allow empty value and disable Allow Use Parent and set for use at Product Level only and ensure Searchable is not enabled.

Within your Product Layout, create a block along the lines of Variable Find This is not Empty placed where you want the Easter Egg wording to appear.

Then, within the blockif place the Variable itself.

Now, pick the product you want it to be effected on and add 'Easter Egg' or your wording to that products 'Find this' variable and it will only be displayed on that product and should not come up in the search results.

Just an idea.

Comment

Go to Settings for Search and Filtering Settings and Not Indexed add words there. See: Can I make search exclude certain products?.
      Peblaco

Comment

Alternatively you could convert your text You have found the Easter Egg!!! to an image using one of the free text to image converters on the web. Then incorporate the image as appropriate in the relevant page.

Comment

Thank you all, I needed the text so I could link it to an email so people can enter the draw for it, I like the index one so I will try that.

The LINK function, am I right to say it just does URL, you can't have an email link.

I hope you found the Easter Egg without putting Easter Egg in the search box!!
          Mash

Comment

Or just spell it E A S T E R E G G.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Exclude list worked well, but then I liked the idea from Norman, putting spaces between the words.

I then took it of the exclude list and added a fragment saying nice idea but no chocolate bunny, well egg, then a hint.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated, takes me back to those Easter Eggs you could find in software.
              Mash

Comment

I used similar to find typos

Some years ago I did a competition on my website to find the error, with a prize. This was to get people to proof-read my website and find any unintentional errors. It worked well. Luckily there was at least one error, otherwise my offer could have been considered to be fraudulent.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
                  Some years ago I did a competition on my website to find the error, with a prize. This was to get people to proof-read my website and find any unintentional errors. It worked well. Luckily there was at least one error, otherwise my offer could have been considered to be fraudulent.
                  Tee-hee... I chuckled at that

And what a crafty idea...

Comment

Being dyslexic, there are usually too many errors, miss spelt words or missing words, sometimes making quite funny statements!
                    Mash

Comment

There was an Easter Egg in Actinic (as was) up until version 11. Not exactly a list of developers, but inserted by a developer and in full view without having to press any special keys or stand upside down.

Now, what should the prize be?
                      Hugh Gibson
                      CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Would that be my one Hugh or were you thinking of a different one ;-)
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You're not allowed to answer, Jan :-)

I was wondering if anyone else knew about it? A quick Google didn't turn up any hits.
                          Hugh Gibson

Comment

Was it cdbactag? Still many results for that on Google.
                            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Was it cdbactag? Still many results for that on Google.
                              Nope :

A quick Google didn't turn up any hits.
                              But close: Chris D Barling, of course.
                              Hugh Gibson

Comment

Working...
                              X