Product Filtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Filtering

I have managed to get product filtering working, and have set up many extra filters, all running ok.

My question is, is it possible to have more than 1 entry as an option? I have tried seperating keywords with a comma but this is just included as a 1 single option so does not really work.

The reason for this is that I have some products that span different areas and would like the items to show up on the auto generated filter pages.

An example would be a Reindeer Charm, I would want this to show up under Animal charms and Christmas charms.

Any idea if this is possible?

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Jason,

I'm glad that you've got filtering working!

The bad news is you can't put multiple values in a variable. The good news is that depending on your use, you can work around it.

So you have a variable something like "CharmType" with values Christmas or Animal (among others)?

There are two places where I can see this being required:
    1. selecting a products to go in different filters on different sections - a Christmas section and an Animal section
    2. selecting products for a Charms section with two checkboxes under a Charm Type heading - the customer can choose to show either Christmas or Animal charms or both.

In the first case, the way around this is to create two boolean variables "InChristmasCharmFilter" and "InAnimalCharmFilter", and set them both to True for the Reindeer Charm. Then select products where InChristmasCharmFilter is True for the Christmas filter, and where InAnimalCharmFilter is True for the Animal filter.

However, for the second case it isn't possible to have the checkboxes grouped under one Charms Type heading. You would have to have a separate group for each Charm type - Animal Charm - [ ] Yes, Christmas Charm - [ ] Yes. It might be possible to lay this out to make it less clunky, but it's not nearly as neat as a set of checkboxes under a single group heading "Charm type".
    Hugh Gibson
    CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Working...
    X