Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Control of Hidden Products

Hello,

Just been looking into possibly implementing the real time stock control on one of my sites.

Each individual product shows the stock control as it should. However I have a few products which come in different size packs. i.e pack of 25, pack of 50 and pack of 120.

I have set these up to be hidden products, then using a dummy product to carry the permutations. I have then tried the site in test mode. The stock control works but no stock levels are shown so customers would not know how many are in stock until they get the 'you cant order that many' message.

Is this the way Sellerdeck handles this or am I missing something?

Kind Regards

Peter

Just checking you have done the following:

1) Created base product that will display product information about product and show your choice options for that product (your permutation choices)

2) Created a product for each choice needed, added stock and then hidden it *

3) Then loaded the permutation list (select fill list from permutation tab) for step 1 product, and then associated each choice with the hidden product? and selected the relevant permutation layout for the choices - which is usually to state if want show extra cost of selection in dropdown on top of product price

4) In the master product (step 1) in general tab stated if price is based on product or component or both? (ref component details in general tab)

5) Then in theory if stock control working when an item is not in stock it will not display in dropdown choice list for master product

* titles of hidden products need to be unique otherwise can cause a sellerdeck bug and stock control not work correctly

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I have set the products as described. Items will be hidden if out of stock and stock control works.

What doesn't work is a display of the number in stock. So for example you can select a pack of 25, the dynamic pricing will show the price. You can then order however many, for example 10. But if there is only 9 in stock then it shows a message to say you cannot order that many as we only have 9 in stock.

Is there a way to show that there is only 9 in stock before the customer trys to order 10 and gets an error message which as a customer would be annoying as how are you suppose to know that there were only 9 available?

There doesn't seem to be a way to dynamically change the stock level so when you select a pack size it will say how many of that size you have.

Hope that all makes sense. I just wondered whether it is something Sellerdeck can't do yet.

Once again thank you for taking time to reply to my post.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
      X