Unable to import snapshot - Fatal error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import snapshot - Fatal error

This is probably one for support but just in case anyone can help, my vista desktop has given on the ghost and in true sellerdeck style I cant get my store to work on the new windows 8.

Sellerdeck did load fine but when I tried to import a snapshot im getting the error message below. For information, I often use my windows 7 laptop and when I tried to import the same snapshot it worked fine, equally when I created the snapshot on the laptop and tried it on the new desktop same error. Its like as if there is something pre existing on the laptop that allows it to work but with this new computer the issue exists. If any one can help I would be grateful, as I only have limited functionality on this new computer I still have to get windows and email sorted.

FATAL ERRORS
    (File DBTableBackup.cpp, Line 342) - Unexpected failure when copying table [ECUser] from site database - fatal error.
    Reported error was:

Query input must contain at least one table or query.

Errors
    (File ExportSite.cpp, Line 2458) - Failed to copy order information from table ECUser in the site database. This information is available in the backup of the site created before importing (C:\Program Files (x86)\SellerDeck 2013\SiteBackups\OverwrittenSite.zip). You will have to restore this order information manually or restore all of the previous site.

Thanks
    Tara

Initial thoughts is that the Snapshot you're trying to import didn't complete when it was backed up or you're trying to import a snapshot as a design snapshot? Instead of File -> Snapshot -> Import Site

Also did you check the size of the snapshot? If the file is low or 0KB then maybe the snapshot you're trying to install was a failed or incomplete snapshot?

Also I assume you're not trying to import snapshot from a flash / usb stick? As that can also cause import issues. And finally make you're logged in on Windows 8 with Administrator privileges

Comment

Its working,

It was the administrator settings, after some goggling, you have to unhide the administrator account (so that's why I couldn't find it!) , so I did that, and just for the sake of it I deleted and reinstalled sellerdeck in the administrator account, right clicked to run as administrator and then did the import and it worked.

Thank you for the suggestion, I didn't even think about an administrator account as I couldn't see it (hence having to un-hide it).

Thanks
      Tara

Comment

Working...
      X