VAT in Checkout/Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT in Checkout/Cart

I have my main website with prices entered ex-VAT but showing as VAT inclusive to the customer alongside the products, and on entering the cart break down to ex-VAT price and total VAT in separate line. On another website I have entered prices INCLUDING VAT, showing the same, and in the cart showing to inclusive price, with the VAT stated as being included, in a separate line. This is good.

I am working on a new main site, and ideally want to leave the prices entered as ex-VAT, as it would be a lot of work to change them, but would like the cart/Checkout to show the inclusive price, like the other website does. I get complaints from customers who think that we are adding VAT in the Checkout, which is not the case of course, and customers who just don't understand about VAT at all, so the less it is mentioned the better. From what I can find this option is not possible. Any ideas?

Sarah

Personally I'd go with the product prices inclusive of VAT option. If you export your catalog it should be very easy to add a 20% uplift, check for any surprises and then re-import just the new price data.

Mile
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike

I'll do that.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
      X