Customers being prevented from entering items into the shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers being prevented from entering items into the shopping cart

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction. I have recently changed from version 10.03 to sellerdeck 2013. In the last week we have become aware that some customers are having problems adding items to the shopping cart. the site bounces them out to the home page without adding the item to the cart. It appears to be happening via a variety of browsers, Internet explorer, firefox, safari. When the customer contacts us, we have then used both Internet explorer and firefox browsers, and safari on an I phone to add the items to the cart without any problem. This appears to be an intermittent problem as we are still receiving some orders from our website. www.theoutdoorgearshop.co.uk
    Any help or pointers would be greatfully received.

The problem could be your network settings containing a mixture of www and non-www which affects add to cart and filtering. I also advise you change colours on the checkout button as it is difficult to read.
    Last edited by peblaco; 15-May-2013, 07:59 AM. Reason: Noticed additional problems
    Peblaco

Comment

I don't know if it is realted but I had a problem where people could not get from the checkout to the payment part of the site (using either actinic payments or paypal).

The thread on that is here: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54121

Comment

Re customers being prevennted from entering items into cart

Many thanks Louise, I have changed my network settings none of them had www in their naming. It has fixed the filtering issue and we have now gone 24 hours without a problem re the cart. Hopefully that`s a simple solution to a very worrying problem.
        I had a look at the checkout button on the menu bar and it seems pretty clear when viewed in our browsers, is that the checkout button you wmeant, if so what browser did you use?

Comment

Referring to the checkout button at the top right of the page and left sidebar the colours are barely readable.
          Peblaco

Comment

Working...
          X