Second description area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second description area

In the process of redesigning our site and I am looking for a way to add a review area to each product. The reviews would be written by ourselves, I am looking for a way to add what would essentially be a second description area that I could then place much further down our product pages as our descriptions currently sit high on the page above our add to cart etc.

I have spoken to support who said it isn't something they can help with as the description box is hard coded in. It also cannot be done by simply creating a variable for reviews as this only allows one line of text. Is this something anyone can help me out with? Cheers Ben

A couple of possible solutions 1) split the product description, see Drillpine Tabber plugin and splitting product full description, 2) use Extended Information text, see Displaying Extended Information BELOW pricing.
    Peblaco

Comment

I use fragments to do this.

1. Create a variable to hold the product reference.
      2. Set that to the relevant product.
      3. Create the review and save as productreference.txt
      4. Use php in the fragment layout to include the review contents if the file exists.

Or you could always do the same thing in your product layout. Just add a little php to include the product review text if the file exists.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Use Extended Info Text

Peblaco's 2nd suggestion works well for us, and is very simple to do.
        Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys, have gone with the extended info idea as we no longer use pop up pages and the extended info! Nice easy fix!

Comment

Working...
          X