Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating new sidebar menus containing specific brochure page links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating new sidebar menus containing specific brochure page links?

Hi all

Long time Actinic user here, but never really got to grips with how you actually do the complicated stuff - just upgraded to 2013 and going to start my site from scratch.

I've started a new site using one of the inbuilt themes which seems to suite me fine. Here is my first "design change" question.

The sidebar currently has the default product section list, followed by a second sidebar below with the brochure page list. I want to add further sidebars which only show links to specific brochure pages, for example I have created a second side bar as shown in the attached screen grab (Support Resources) by just copying the code.

However, I don't understand how to change which brochure pages are contained within the new sidebar. At the moment it just contains the same brochure page links as the original sidebar.

Can anybody give me some pointers?

many thanks

Graham
    Attached Files
    Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

It's possible, but you'd need custom variables and blockif tags in the menu layouts set at brochure level to select which menu the page should appear under.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for your reply Louise!

What you've suggested is kind of what I had figured out in my mind (coming from a programming background myself), but unfortunately my SellerDeck knowledge is insufficient to allow me to do these things. I have just spoken to SellerDeck support about it and they have taken a snapshot to look at and advise me.

The main thing I can't find is where the actual code is for the brochure page menu - if I found that I may get somewhere! I have been reading about creating variables and kind of understand them, it's all a bit daunting just now!

Graham
      Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Comment

Go to Design / Library / Variables, right-click Brochure and select New Variable.
        Set Name: ShowInSecondMenu, Prompt: ShowInSecondMenu, Place of Setting: Brochure, Type: True/False, Initial value: False, Top Level Value: False. OK out.

Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Brochure Page Link Lists. Right-click Plain Brochure Page List and choose Copy. Open Plain Brochure Page List (Copy) and you'll see 1 line:
        Code:
        <actinic:variable name="BrochurePageLink" value="Simple Brochure Page Link" />
        Amend to be:
        Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ShowInSecondMenu%22%20%2f%3e">
        	<actinic:variable name="BrochurePageLink" value="Simple Brochure Page Link" />
        </actinic:block>
        Now where you want your second menu to appear use:
        Code:
        <actinic:variable name="BrochurePageList" value="Plain Brochure Page List (Copy)" />
        Nothing will show until you go to Brochure pages in the Content tree and in Page Details / Properties / Brochure, set ShowInSecondMenu to True.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X