Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagination Meta Description Appends Subsequent Product name

Hi,

I have only just noticed that when a section has the pagination activated the meta description has what looks like two product names appearing at the end of the meta info (the first and last on the fisrts page), for example on my adhesive velcro page the actual meta information typed into the meta description box is:

"Self adhesive VELCRO ® Brand hook and loop tape available in 25 metre trade rolls."

But what looks like to be only an issue when pagination is in place the actual rendered code online is:

"Self adhesive VELCRO ® Brand hook and loop tape available in 25 metre trade rolls. VELCRO® Brand 10mm Black Self Adhesive Hook Tape PS14 - VELCRO® Brand 25mm Black Self Adhesive Hook Tape PS14"

Has anyone else seen the same thing, I have tried it with a clean meta tag factory version and the same thing happens.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

A SellerDeck 2013 site with pagination is the same. The keywords field appended with a list of comma separated words. Using the first and last product for the description field seems odd.
    Peblaco

Comment

OK, I have done a work round, probably more complicated than it needs to be, but if you want more control over your meta descriptions for paginated pages this is how I have done it:

First you need to create some variables in the section library, go to Design/Library/Variables and expand Section, then create the CustomMetaDescription, I did it by creating 3:

CustomMetaDescription1
      CustomMetaDescription2
      CustomMetaDescription3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	544663

With the variables in place I then opened the meta tag layout: Design/Library/Layouts/Meta Tags and opened Standard Meta Tags, then in front or after the following:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" ><meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />" /></actinic:block>
      I added the following:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22"><meta name="description" content="<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPaginationCurrentPageIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d%20%201%29" ><actinic:variable name="CustomMetaDescription1" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPaginationCurrentPageIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%202%29" ><actinic:variable name="CustomMetaDescription2" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPaginationCurrentPageIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%203%29" ><actinic:variable name="CustomMetaDescription3" /></actinic:block>" /></actinic:block>
      For this to work you need to empty the standard meta description box and input what you want for each page in each of the new variable text boxes you created, I only created 3 pages worth of variables but those with more pages would need to make enough for each.

I hope this makes sense! like I say it might be an over complicated way of doing it but as far as I can see it all works as it should without affecting normal pages. Please take a snapshot and full backup before trying as I am no expert and above is supplied only on what I have done.
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
      www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Hello Lee, Louise

I have reported an issue for this to be looked into for a fix in a future release. Thank you for pointing it out.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X