Search Page Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Page Image

So its a small problem but it annoys me more than you could imagine. Basically, I've noticed that when you search on my website the results appear and it always shows the "thumbnail" version of the picture which some of the products on my website dont have.

Is there any way of changing it so that the proper image shows up rather than the thumbnail image?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Would it not be possible to put the image you require into the thumbnail, that way you can also reduce the size of the images as well.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Its possible to just copy the picture into the thumbnail box for every product yes. But considering my website has 35,000 products its not really a viable option.

Comment

How about removing the thumbnail image from the layouts, and adding the extended info image instead?

We did this here in order to get a few images on the main product.
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Ross,

I have just done this with 3k products in just a few minutes.

All you have to do is export to Excel and copy and paste the whole column.
          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

If you can't wait a few minutes and would rather do it in seconds: If you have Access, just open ActinicCatalog.mdb and then the Product table. Right-click the Image FileName heading and choose Copy. Right-click the sThumbNailImage heading and choose Paste. Confirm that you want to do this and that's it done.

A more sophisticated way would be to make an Update Query that copies the record across only if the destination field is empty.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X