Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using API to retrieve all product names

Hi,

I haven't used seller deck in around a year now and have started using it again with a new eCommerce design build. I am trying to setup auto search suggestions which I have built in JQuery, I was wondering if it is possible to retrieve a list of all product names live on the server using an Ajax request.

I have 0 experience with the new API and can't seem to find a prebuilt function to call this. If anyone has experience with the api could they advise me the best way of doing this, or provide some code if it is already built.

I have done some searching around the community but I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,
    Simon
    www.simonstaton.co.uk

There's some starter information on the new API here at: SellerDeck 2013 Ajax API Information (PDF)
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am just giving this a read now.
      www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Okay I can't seem to find a prebuilt function for this inside the javascript or on that help doc. If anyone knows of one it would be very handy, if not it looks like this is going to be a manual job.
        www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Hi Simon,
          Is there something that the built in Auto-suggest does not do for you?
          There are a few ways to leverage this API. There are also other ways you can do something similar to what you want by more traditional javascript as well.
          Depending on the specifics of your requirements manual may be the best way for you to do it. Ultimate control etc....
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Fergus, thanks for the reply.

I am using twitter bootstrap JQuery, I was not actually aware of the built in auto suggest as I didn't see it inside the demo. Does this also work using javascript? If so do you have any site examples using it so I can go check it out?

Using bootstrap I can setup the autosuggest as follows:

Code:
            <script type="text/javascript">
            	var products = ["P NAME", "P NAME2" ,"etc...."];
            	$('#search').typeahead({source: products});
            </script>
            I just need to get var products to be a string of all product names.

Thanks,
            Simon
            www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

You can see the SellerDeck demo store. Javascript functions are within actinicsearch.js.
              Peblaco

Comment

Appears I am wrong in my previous reply, it is on the demo store it simply takes a while to run the query. Looks good to me I will do some more research into this feature I guess
                www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X