Network settings - 123-Reg hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been able to upload a V12 site to 123-Reg 'Web Hosting Professional' package on the base domain for the package, but when trying to do the same for other sites/domains on this package I get 'username or password' error despite checking them carefully. I attach a copy of the network settings (The domain in the file used is a 'spare' one I'm using to get the settings right, not an intended working one.)

Anyone have any tips on this ?

(Admin Note: FTP password removed from file)
    Attached Files

Yes using FTP (FielZilla) I am able to contact fine with the FTP account settings I set up for the toysfor.. domain.

Comment

Who is your host? 123-Reg
      Is it unix or windows hosting? Unix
      Is the permission on the cgi-bin set to 755? Yes
      Is the permission on the acatalog folder set to 777? Was set to 755, have amended to 777
      Is this your first upload? Yes Has it worked in the past? No
      Have you compacted the database in the housekeeping menu? I have now
      Have you changed the cgi number in network setup and tried to reupload? amended to 2
      Have you run the network wizard? what was the result? Quick error message "Wizard is unable to login to the ftp server senior-surfer.co.uk Check the username and password: Specific error is password was not allowed"

Tried the above after carrying out change of permissions & cgi number

Comment

You could try logging in to your ftp account using a stand-alone ftp program such as Fillezilla. Use the same username and password that you are using in Sellerdeck.

If that can't connect then you will need to check the credentials within your hosting package admin panel.

Comment

Working...
        X