Back button to go back to filtered results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back button to go back to filtered results

I presumed, incorrectly it seems, that when you filtered down your results on a section page and then decided to view a product and then pressed back it would take you back to the filtered results the customer had selected but it just takes you back to the main section that you started from. I can see that when you filter products down the URL does not change so of course selecting back on the browser will just go back to the default page. Any ideas? Have i just set the site up incorrectly?

Which browser are you using?. On a default 12.0.2 site Firefox and Safari - clicking back shows filtered options still ticked. Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 with or without Compatibility View - clicking back resets the filter. It could be considered a bug because going back displaying filtered results is an expected behaviour. There is a different issue with Chrome I reported filtered results without product pages does not anchor to products SellerDeck Support raised a bug. Also noticed Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility View on and filtering by price band the filtering loading image gets stuck maybe that's another bug. I'll check with SellerDeck Support.
    Peblaco

Comment

Good to know it is a bug - yep i agree that 2 of the browsers work fine. Bit annoying for IE users though

Thanks for checking this with support.

One other thing (sorry for taking up so much of your time) - these two pages seem set up exactly the same but one shows results with size as a possible filter and the other does not. the one that does not is made up product duplicates where as the one showing

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/cgi-bin/...&Action=Search - not working (with duplicates)

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog...Ski_Boots.html (working - original products)

Any ideas?

Comment

Both pages are loading the Size heading but the duplicates page only has "any" shown and when Javascript loads the options are hidden. Are both sections using the same filter?. The duplicates page it is reporting a Javascript warning "An unbalanced tree was written using document.write() causing data from the network to be reparsed" additionally you have some coding tags the wrong way around near your "returns" link. Not sure those are related to the filtering issue though.
        Peblaco

Comment

I had a reply from SellerDeck Support: "Development has confirmed - The filter options should still be ticked when you use the Back button to return to the page. The Firefox / Safari behaviour is correct. But the behaviour in IE / Chrome is a bug. A bug has been raised for the same - SD-2530".
          Peblaco

Comment

Working...
          X