Customer Accounts Logging out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts Logging out

Ok, so this is an old question, but one i can't find an answer to.

We're trying to set up customer accounts, but we use a Sothink DHTML menu, which seems to be logging the customers out as soon as they use the menu to navigate the site.

Sadly as we decided to add the customer accounts over a year after the site went live, changing the menu isn't an option.

Has anyone else come across, and/or solved this problem?

Thanks

Andrew

Make sure you have relative links i.e. page.html not absolute links http etc. See more information at: Accounts getting logged out
    Peblaco

Comment

Excellent, i will double check.

Many Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Ok, after playing around with the Javascript of the DHTML menu, it's now using relative links.

BUT it seems to be generating the links on the fly, which i'm guessing is the reason it's logging the customer out, as the links remain relative and do not get changes to the cgi-script versions.

Any Ideas?

Comment

You won't get it to work with your current menu and customer accounts. The links are in an external Javascript file so only displayed if Javascript is enabled and the links are not in the code of the page so they cannot be changed from relative links to cgi links required for customer accounts. I would suggest you change the site to use a CSS menu instead that will work with the software.
          Peblaco

Comment

I thought you might say that...

The far more mammoth task is persuading the powers that be it's time to change it (again...)

Thanks for the help,

Comment

Also looked at your site and the coding of your pages is a bit messy and there are missing tags.
              Peblaco

Comment

It's on the list of things to do (which is currently as long as the M25) left over from guy who put the site together.

Fingers crossed i can persuade management to let me start again

Comment

Working...
                X