Permutation Images SD2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation Images SD2013

In SD V11 I had a website with colour swatch images to the left of the radio buttons in the choices. This was fine. I upgraded (V12.0.2) and they are still there, though I had to correct the alignment fix that I had done in V11 so the images were to the left of the text. All was fine, until I added a new product (hidden product, another shade of a visible product) and put the image link in the image box in the Permutations tab of the component, as with all the existing products, but the image does not appear in the preview. I am puzzled as to why the existing products should be fine, when a new product (created by copying an existing product and editing) should not be. I checked that the image name is correct and in the right directory. Any ideas?

Sarah

Sorted itself

Very odd, but the images are now appearing with the new products. All I did was open and close the permutationimage variable, re-enter the product in Permutations tab and it worked.

Comment

Images with Choices -Problems in 12.04

Evening all,
      I have recently upgraded our site to 12.04 and now have a problem I can't overcome. I had previously followed the AUG and implemented images against Choices, and it worked pretty well. However, since the upgrade this no longer worked - it just had radio buttons again.

I realised that the upgrade wiped out the original(amended) layout - so I reapplied the code but now it won't line up correctly. I approached Support but was advised that the AUG is not supported - even when I suggested that it was the upgrade that broke it. They suggested I asked the Community for help.

My coding skills are limited so I'd appreciate any help or simple advice and wonder has this affected others?

Thanks
      Jeff

Example: http://www.aerofoil.net/acatalog/Spi...P1.html#SID=17

Apologies, but not sure I've posted this in the right place.
      Jeff Nurse
      Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
      Office Design & Furniture Solutions
      www.aerofoil.net

Comment

I have applied the AUG instructions to a default v12 site and it displays OK:
        http://www.graphicz.gb.com/choiceima...47.html#SID=13
        Looking at my source and your source with Firebug I can't see any difference (perhaps someone else can have a look?) but I am guessing that something is constraining the width of your choices list.
        Try opening the Sellerdeck stylesheet and doing a 'find' on '.attribute-list td' and '.attribute-list table' - they are next to each other.

The td has width:auto; change it to width:100%; and add the line width:100%; to the table style and see if that helps.

Otherwise, make a test product in a default product layout and see what that looks like.

It might be worth remaking the AUG fix from scratch in the v12 site.
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Choices agsinst Images

Thanks Jonathan,
          I shall look into this later and try your suggestions.

Regards
          Jeff
          Jeff Nurse
          Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
          www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Tried to apply your idea Jonathan, but adding the extra line to the table was a bit above my knowledge. I will have to pursue it.
            However, I did try applying a new theme and this seemed to partially sort it. Strange. When I went back to my theme, the problem returned.
            Jeff Nurse
            Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
            www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Working...
            X