Problem with dynamic prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with dynamic prices

I am using dynamic prices and options and components to let people configure a computer they wish to buy. As I have several types of computers each part is a component, with an attribute and some choices. The choices are defined in the permutations and link to products on the site - so I can change the price on one product - say RAM - and this changes the price on all the systems.

That all works. However, the problem I am having can be seen here:

http://www.dvc.uk.com/acatalog/REFRE...LD-SYSTEM.html

For each component I have the actual component and the option of none. I get the "none" because I have ticked the box which says "is optional" and ticked "is selected by default". As it is optional I also get the option of "none".

Some of these things (like motherboard, processor or RAM) are not optional. So I should not be ticking the optional box. However if I don't tick option the choice box does not default to a particular value but instead says "please choose". If you do not choose the first one, then you cannot go on to choose the second etc, and the total price does not display.

This is not what I want. I want the page to come up with a system with all the boxes set with the default components and people can choose to update them to something else. But when they get to the page they don't have to do anything to have a price on the webpage. The only way I can get the latter is to choose "is optional" which adds in the choice "none".

I am sure it did not used to do this. However I cannot find a way to do what I want. Am I missing something?

SellerDeck 2013 introduced dynamic pricing. The "Please select" appears if you have more than one attribute where the dynamic price needs to calculate prices.

I had the same issue and SellerDeck Support advised hiding "Please select" so the first value on the list is selected and the price is automatically calculated. It is not advised if you have any combinations marked not valid or out of stock as the page would have an invalid combination.

In Design Library layout for Drop Down Choice replace code with:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%28%3cActinic%3aVariable%20Name%3d%22ChoiceDisplayLabel%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Please%20select%22%29" >
    <option value="<Actinic:Variable Name="ChoiceSelectedValue"/>"><Actinic:Variable Name="ChoiceDisplayLabel"/></option>
    </actinic:block>
    In Design Library layout for Dropdown Permutation List Start. Comment out lines 4 through to 8:
    Code:
    <!--
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentIsOptional%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsUsedNoneChoiceLabel%22%20%2f%3e" >
    <option value="">
    <actinic:variable name="NoneChoiceLabel" />
    </option>
    </actinic:block>
    -->
    Peblaco

Comment

That worked. Thanks. Can't see any immediate problems. If anything pops up I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
      X