Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region sensing / blocking code

Hello everyone,

Been awhile since I last used this forums and just wondering if anyone can help

Is it possible for me to block an entire region or country from seeing my site? Is there an easy way in Sellerdeck to do this or has anyone got any coding that would do the trick?

Any help would be appreciated

Tina

This may be possible by an .htaccess tweak on your server. Your hosting people will know. Or google for general help and include some info about your server in the search.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your replies. We are getting a lot fraudulent enquires from a particular country but from what my manager has told me they are after the product information so they can sell the parts. Hence she want's to block the entire country.

I did some research and found that I can amend the .htaccess but not sure what the IP range for that country would be or the coding as I am familiar with this.

Comment

This isn't SellerDeck specific so why not just google for e.g. "htaccess block atlantis".

However, if your miscreants have any technical skill, they'll get around IP / Region blocking within seconds. E.g. TOR Browser.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X