Pagination at top and bottom of search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagination at top and bottom of search results

I would like to put the pagination links at both the top and bottom of our pages. As we use filters on pretty much every page this would need to be done on the search results. I know I will be missing something but I can't find where to do that. I have had a scan of the forums and found the following thread:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54468

However I couldn't find any other record of someone bringing the bug up before. Is there a work around for it? If not is it possible to just have the pagination at the bottom and not the top. Thanks, Ben

Pagination can be shown at the top and bottom of pages. However, when you filter results it does not show pagination at the bottom. You can move pagination to the bottom instead of top, look within Standard Filter Results and Tabular Filter Results layouts for the code which can be moved before the last </div> in the layout: <div id="filter_pagination_links"><Actinic:Variable Name="SearchResultContinue"/></div>
    Peblaco

Comment

Excellent, thanks Louise.

Comment

Thanks Louise,

Just to throw another spanner in the works, can the links be made so that when the user clicks for the next page it also takes them back to the top, as it stands now it works at the bottom but keeps the shopper at the bottom of the page, this would be fine if navigation was at the top as well, but the shopper now has to click page 2 etc, then scroll up to see the list of products then back down to go through to another page.

I hop that made sence!!
        Many Thanks
        Lee
        www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
        www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

The general section pagination uses standard .html links which take you back to the top of the page. However pagination on filtered results uses Javascript which does not anchor.
          Peblaco

Comment

Just wondering whether this 'bug' has been fixed yet as I can't see reference to it in the patch release notes or the 12.04 beta notes. Although I am happy to fiddle to get the pagination at the bottom of section and filtered pages, before I go ahead and do this, I would rather know if it is going to be sorted first. It does seem daft that by default, the user has to scroll back to the top to click next and I would rather not place anchors in to get the filtered pages to work correctly (i,e return user to top of page) if a fix is imminent.

I am always worried that sellerdeck patches will overwrite such tweaks and upset the site.

Cheers,
            www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
            Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

The bug reference was SD-1901.
              Peblaco

Comment

OK.

Thanks for bug reference number. I will contact them now.

Cheers
                www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

I have heard back from support. The bug is scheduled to be fixed in the next release (although I am not sure if this was maintenance or full). They couldn't guarantee it, but it looks promising.

Perhaps if others post , the bug will be deemed a 'critical fix' and they can guarantee it!
                  www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X