Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SellerDeck lets me put broken product references that break various features online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerDeck lets me put broken product references that break various features online.

It's been a while. Everybody who I used to know here, if you're still around, then HI! If you're new then HI!

I'm putting together a web app, and this app supports Actinic/Sellerdeck too. It's pretty cool, but I wont blab about it right now, I have discovered a problem while testing it in the most recent version I could download.

This product reference:
    Code:
    123 () -/ ; abc\\`//
    The desktop app lets me use it. But online it breaks.

I click add to cart and i get this:
    Code:
    Error reading prompt file (-1,25) {}.: Input contains invalid characters (Error 2).
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    Can the desktop app just not let me type the naughty characters? or escape them appropriately?

I'm aware that this is a silly product reference, but on the off chance that somebody might use any of these in their own reference then they might get problems in the future.

Hi, Gabriel. Nice to see you back.

While you've been away YAAB (yet another Actinic bug) has become YASB (yet another SellerDeck bug).

Product references are used as-is in forming the field names for the cart submission data and should be restricted to a sensible character set - but they aren't

Spaces in references are another potential problem.

I tend to use EncocdedProductAnchor (which SD should have done from the start) as it's cleanly alphanumeric plus underscore.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Morning

I have added the request for adding a warning for invalid product reference characters to our future-fix list.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X