Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website pages not showing after refresh

Hi,

I'm having an issue that keeps coming up on my website after refreshing it on Sellerdeck. My website is a catalog that is being constantly updated as we add products to it. The error that comes up can be found on any random page so we don't know where the errors are until we come across them.

The error looks like this.. http://d.pr/i/hQTx

This was on found by clicking on "Window Regulators" ---> "Land Rover" ... (www.dap-onlinecat.com)

The weird thing is that on another computer, attempting to access the same page works and there is no error page that comes up. What I had found out was that there is a cache issue and the computer needed to clear the cache in order to access the page.

The problem is that because the catalogue is used by our customers, it is very difficult to keep telling them to delete the cache history every time we make an update on our website. Some customers may just not even bother using the site when the error comes and therefore making us lose business.

One solution was to enter some HTML that stopped the browser saving cache on our website which was...

{<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">}

But this does slow down the way the page loads, so I was wondering has anybody got any other solutions?

One thing I realised was that when the errors occurred it was because that the browser was trying to access a link that didnt exist anymore.. If you look at the following link image you can see that the link for the page that does work is different to the one with the error. (http://d.pr/i/VycB)

Is there anyway to stop sellerdeck creating a new link for the page every time i do a website refresh, as in not changing the '56087' part of the link to another number.. in this case.. '56081'?

Thanks in advance..

Thanks in advance!!
    Baz

SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus
    Version: 12.0.2 NGVA

SellerDeck does not create a new link for the page every time you refresh unless you are changing it either manually via the Sections Page Settings tab or by creating pages again.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your quick response. To confirm, i dont actually change the file names of my pages at all. Because we are constantly updating/editing our products on our website, I keep importing new files containing our products by File > Import > Flat File Import > Then browsing for the file and replacing the existing data, so im not sure if this is causing the changes to some html page links?

Regards

Comment

What alternative can i do then as the reasons why i replace and not update is because i may find some mistake or might want to add stuff to the existing products, sometimes i find that when i update, it creates duplicates of the old version of the product with the newer version.

thanks

Comment

If you don't have them set in the import file the software is auto generating them. You can set section page name (file name) in the import file, see: Importing Products
          Peblaco

Comment

Im not quite sure on what you mean.. I know how to import flat files and i have a complete spreadsheet of all the products we sell and if i find a mistake on the website or if i need to edit the data in the 'full description' for example then i make a new spreadsheet with the fixes and replace the existing spreadsheet with this new one.

do you know if theres an easier way to do this without having to constantly replace the data as i have about 74,000 rows on my spreadsheet.

Regards

Comment

You can see an example flat file spreadsheet containing this in your SellerDeck installation folder where you installed, which is often in your documents folder, at "SellerDeck 2013\Sites\Site1\Common\SampleFlatImportFile.csv".
              Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

When i import my flat csv file it looks like this http://d.pr/i/2TQr .. I can see that it has no section page name so im not sure what i would put for each of my products as i have 74,000 rows.

Comment

Working...
                X