Help! – Design tab causing crash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! – Design tab causing crash!

Last night I was adding in some code for rich snippets to show to the search engines and in doing this was trying to stop funny characters appearing in front of our price to Google. Our price would appear on their cached page as A29.99 rather than £29.99 or even J29.99 when Google looks at the page using the rich snippets checker tool. To edit this appearance I have right clicked on the tax inclusive price variable within the layout code view and used “edit appearance”. Then changed the encoding from none to HTML.

This is where the issues started, and I can no longer use the design tab. I can get in to it but only when I am on the home page on our content tree. When I get on to it is tells me I have loads of coding errors such as :

The “SectionCatFile” has been placed within the “Image on left Text wrapped around” layout, but it won’t work there. Click here to go to the code
    The “ProductName” has been placed within the “Image on left Text wrapped around” layout, but it won’t work there. Click here to go to the code
    The “productID” has been placed within the “Image on left Text wrapped around” layout, but it won’t work there. Click here to go to the code

Any time I click on a section that uses the layout mentioned it simply hangs the page. Has anyone got an ideas on this!?!

Also – the whole issue re-set my network settings to sellerdeck host mode. I have imported my network settings back in and it has not helped fix the issue.

Important to say though that when doing a page preview from the content view every page works and looks normal. Also I have reverted to factory settings on the Tax inclusive price variable which now looks fine on the page preview.

Have you tried accessing the layout from the Design Library instead?
    Did you make a snapshot before making the changes?

Comment

You can use Design / Library / Layouts / Prices; then right-click the Layout in question and Revert to Factory Settings.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Duncan and Norman - yes i had tried that but i had reset the Tax inclusive price layout so on your suggestion i just went back to it and reset the overall prices layout and it has worked although now I have a load of other issues, some of which will be an easy fix such as putting the price back to how i want it and it has messed with our colour palette and all of our innerlayout colours have gone to a very nasty colour of green

The big issue i now have is that i can not upload the website (i can publish a single page but with an error message about a HTTP error) or download any order. When i try to download any orders i get the following message:

The username and password stored on the web site do not match those currently stored in the setup. Please refresh your site.

Possible Cause:
        The username and password stored in the
        Housekeeping | Security dialog do not match
        those on the web site.
        Recommendation:
        Abort
        Resolution:
        Refresh the web site

Command: search Filename: .ord

Are the username password in housekeeping|security meant to be the same as my FTP username and password? I don;t really know what to change here - any help?

Comment

yeh, it is reall ystrange what has happened - but it all happened off the back of that layout change. We seem to have worked everything else out now apart from the fact we can not now use our custom colour theme, only a sellerdeck specified one. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X