Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing on startup stuck in design tab

Hi all,

I have searched the forum but can't find a resolution so hope someone can help.

I selected the recently viewed and all is fine up until I am in the design tab and viewing a single product page, Sellerdeck then crashes, my problem now is that when I try and load Sellerdeck it remembers I was in the design tab and keeps crashing so I cant get into it at all.

I had this happen once before and had to load a new site and import a snapshot etc but wonder if there is a way of starting Sellerdeck in the content or orders tab so that it loads without crashing, at least then I can go to the content tree to resolve the fault.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

A long shot, but it may work - make a copy of the current ActinicCatalog.mdb, then locate the backup of the .mdb that Sellerdeck makes when you close down (Backup.mdb) and copy it into your Sellerdeck folder (rename to ActinicCatalog.mdb).
    This may enable you to get going again and if you've lost some orders you'd previously downloaded, you should be able to import them from the .mdb you just copied.
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hi Sean,

Thanks very much, I did give that a go but no joy, I think sellerdeck holds the last tab in the registry somewhere going by older problems/solutions, unfortunately no longer a solution for 2013 :-(
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Bummer.
        I like your site btw - your own work?
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hi Sean,

Yes long slog on that one (hook and loop) still not 100% but good enough! The problem I'm having is on a friends site I'm working on, typical clicked the recently viewed and it's gone pear shaped!!

http://www.outbackbarbecue.co.uk/dep...est/index.html
          Many Thanks
          Lee
          www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Registry settings that I found.

Contents Tab Active:
            Code:
            [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SellerDeck\2013\Sites\Site1\TabSelection]
            "5"="CCodeView"
            "4"="CContentsView"
            Design Tab Active:
            Code:
            [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SellerDeck\2013\Sites\Site1\TabSelection]
            "5"="CCodeView"
            "4"="CDesignView"
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

You star, we had gone through a load of registry settings but drew a blank each time, your info worked a treat.

Thanks again
              Many Thanks
              Lee
              www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

I was lazy. I guessed it was a per user setting. I started and stopped SD in one mode and exported the entire registry settings for that site. Redid it for the other mode and then used WinMerge to compare the 2 files. Difference was easy to find.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X