PayPal hosted payment pro Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal hosted payment pro Integration

We run several different websites (different URLs) and one PayPal account.

By default this is set-up so that people see the PayPal receipt page first and have to click on the ‘Return to site’ to see the Sellerdeck receipt.

A lot of people are not doing this which is causing some issues with orders not completing and automated emails going out etc.

You can customise the PayPal page, but then need to add a URL to return to and as we have different sites, there doesn’t appear to be a way to do this.

PayPal have said that we can bypass their page but that the PayPal Hosted Pro 'ShowHostedThankyouPage' variable needs to be set to false to allow bounce back to sellerdeck receipt page.

I am sure I can’t be the only one with this sort of set-up and hence the same issue. Has anyone managed to solve?

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

I believe there is still an on-going issue with this, see: Google Analytics Data incorrect as Paypal does not auto return to Receipt Page. An alternative is to use one of the other PayPal payment methods.
    Peblaco

Comment

Oh dear
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Having taken the opportunity to speak directly to the Paypal staffers whilst at the Sellerdeck conference this year about this very issue, I can confirm that whilst they are SURE that Paypal shouldn't work like this, in fact it DOES and that this is intended behaviour.

I had to change the PSP for www.toplightco.com because of this and now only offer Paypal Express which does Auto return correctly. Very annoying!

Comment

Very annoying as this appears to be a long standing issue for a Payment option that is built into SellerDeck.

James

Comment

Working...
          X