Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview store no longer working

Hi,

Sure there must be a simple answer to this but I cannot work it out. I have downloaded the trial version of Sellerdeck 2013 to test out its features, and to start with the Preview Store button worked fine, firing up IE and showing me how things would look. I made a few changes to some layouts here and there but nothing deeper than that, and suddenly the preview store feature no longer worked. I tried resetting all the layouts to factory settings, still nothing. Repaired the installation, nothing.

I've even removed the program entirely and reinstalled from scratch, and still when I press 'Preview Store' it goes through the motions then brings up a file in Notepad - P_Siteroot_Index with the cursor flashing at the first line <!DOCTYPE HTML> along with an error noise - whether this is a clue or not I don't know. Trying to preview a single page also fails, bringing up the relevant file in Notepad instead. Whether it now thinks Notepad is the default browser I don't know, this surely wouldn't account for the error noise though?

I would appreciate any advice about how to fix this if anyone recognises the issue, as I don't think I'd want to upgrade without this important feature working.

Thanks, Paul

Welcome to the Community, Paul.

Locate a .html file in Windows Explorer (there's probably a BrochureTestPage.html in your Site folder) and double-click it. If it opens in Notepad, then the problem is Windows file-type associations so Google for how to fix them.

Also, try rebooting first (if you've not already done this), in case it's a temporary quirk.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Brilliant, thanks Norman that's done the trick

Was surprised to find that this had happened, the html association had been switched to notepad across the whole file system though I have no idea why. Thought it must be a Sellerdeck issue but its all working fine now.

This community is a great resource, the scary thought of upgrading in one go from V7 to V13 is soothed considerably by knowing so much expertise exists and is shared so benevolently!

Cheers, Paul

Comment

Happy to help. Your clear explanation of what was happening help point to a system issue.

If you're going from Actinic V7 to SellerDeck 2013 then it may be best to consider starting with a clean SD2013 layout and only importing your Product / Sections from V7. This way you get all the SD 2013 goodness with little risk of it being broken by relic code.

V7 lets you Export (via the File menu) the product info to a text file and SD2013 has a corresponding Import. If your images are in the old V7 Site folder (or in sub-folders off that), then you'd also need to copy (not move) them to the same place in the SD2013 Site folder for the import to work. This is non-destructive of your V7 site, so you can try it and see.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes I'll think I'll probably start again with a clean layout, but being able to export/import product data could well come in useful. Thanks again,

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X