URL Parameters #SID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URL Parameters #SID

Looking in the crawl section of Google webmaster the bottom link to URL parameters looks quite daunting as they say if you get it wrong the site could be removed from search results.

I have had a look at the parameters returned by googlebot which are NOLOGIN PRODREF SECTIONID FILTERPAGE ACTION but no SID as it is prefixed with # instead of ?

I am wondering, does SID have an effect on page indexing as it does not seem to be a parameter but does extend the URL with variable numbers without changing the content so it could be seen as duplicate content?

Also # is used by social media for keyword highlighting, will the #number be mis-indexed?
    Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

The #SID is an anchor not a duplicate url see: filtering Page Name . The use of hash tag for social media is different, that only applies to reading posts with a similar keyword. If you posted a link to an # SID page on social media it would take the whole link and not mistake the anchor tag for a keyword hash tag.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thank you for clarifying the use of the anchor in this example. I am looking at guarding against duplicate content with the use of webmaster URL parameters and also make site crawling more efficient.
      Other parameters which have been highlighted by Google are TB, SO, PR, SX, SS,PC, GB. I am trying to find out the function of these parameters to sort, narrow, specify, paginate or have other function. I have left them all to "Let Google decide" for now.
      Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Working...
      X