Google Analytics not tracking sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Analytics not tracking sales

Since upgrading to v2013 for some reason my Google Analytics is not tracking any online sales.
    As far as I can see, all visitors are being logged but not the sales.

Can anyone see what may be wrong by viewing the code on the live site www.apartyshop.co.uk

The first thing I would check is if the code for your analytics has been put into your site correctly?

Is the 'Google Analytics Tracking Code' layout correct? Is the 'GoogleAnalyticsNumber' variable correct? (this is in Marketing- Google Analytics) I had my code change for some reason once so its worth checking the right code is in there - it will show up on your analyics home, next to your site name.

Looking at the code on your home page it look slike the tracking code is in their correctly.

As it is tracking visits then it most likely is correct - so the second thisng to check is your set up within analytics...

If you go to your Admin panel (at the top of analytics) then go to the third column and goals. It could be that the goal urls have changed when you moved to 2013, so it can no longer track the checkout process....we needed to change our perl script number before so our checkout goal urls changed...

Hope this helps, you may have already done these things but I just thought it was worth saying in case you hadn't...

Comment

Thank you abbi_newbie

Looks like it's to do with the "Goals" set-up as my visitors are being tracked.

This is my set-up:

Goal description:
      Name: Receipt
      Goal type: Destination

Value: Off

Funnel: On

Step 1:
      Name: Basket
      Screen/Page: http://www.apartyshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl
      Required: Yes

It's been like this for years and haven't a clue what it should look like - do you?

Comment

Hey,

I have...

Goal =

"Checkout Process"
        within this the settings are in the image I have attached...

When I go through to checkout on your site, the url is:
        http://www.apartyshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.cgi?ACTION=Start&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eapartyshop%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fHen_Night%2ehtml%23SID%3d757

I have highlighted the first part, which uses 'os000001.cgi' so the rest of your goals will use '000001' where I have 2's....obviously your payment confirmation pages will be different...

Hope that helps

Abbi
        Attached Files

Comment

That's great Abbi, thanks!

Luckily we also use Sagepay so i'm hoping I can just replicate your set-up

Comment

I still cannot get Google Analytics to track sales correctly

Comment

Just a quick question, but when you set up the goal, you select the Destination option and then assign the Destination option to Equals to 'Receipt.html' - note .html on the end.

To check this is the appropriate (as per what SellerDeck is sending in the receipt page) value go into your Layouts and into the Google Analytics Tracking Code and see if you have an entry along the lines of:

pageTracker._trackPageview(<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Receipt%22">"/receipt.html"</actinic:block>);

Comment

Can I ask Ian, would you leave Value: Off and Funnel: Off ?

Comment

Personally I dont recall every having to switch on a value one as they just came in once the receipt goal was working, but might have changed recently.

As far as funnels are concerned these can be used to display visual drop-out stats, i.e. how many started the checkout and how many went to the next stage, next stage and finally the receipt.

To enable this sort of tracking you need to change the pageTracker line I explained earlier with this one:

Code:
                  pageTracker._trackPageview(<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%200%22" >"/Addresses.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%201%22" >"/Delivery.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%202%22" >"/Review.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Receipt%22">"/receipt.html"</actinic:block>);
                  This provides for Address, Shipping and Review stages.. You then withiin the funnel give the names of Addresses.html, Delivery.html and Review.html to instigate the funnel ability.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Have had to get Sellerdeck Support onto it as it was working before the site was upgraded and I've spent too long trying to rectify things myself

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X