PayPal Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Issues

Hello, I've been experiencing issues with some customers unable to complete their order via PayPal and get the following message.

“There's a problem with the shipping address you entered on the merchant site, and we've marked it in red. Please change the address, then continue checking out with PayPal.

This merchant requires us to use the postal address you entered on the merchant site, and there’s a problem with that address. Please go back to the site to change the address.”

I have read many blogs from other people also experiencing this issue and after trial and error I have found that it’s the Invoice/delivery information that’s passed to PayPal which is the issue.

If you select the tick box “If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box:” and then complete the checkout process the transaction goes through PayPal as normal.

Unfortunately this is far from ideal – has anyone else experienced this issue and or have a solution.

Many thanks

Paul

I have had other issues with PayPal this afternoon - multiple payment authorisations being downloaded even though the customer has only paid once. I've take PayPal off the sit in the meantime.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Is there any way to ensure that the Delivery address is passed through to PayPal? The site works perfectly when the tick box "If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box:" is selected but fails if the box is unticked?

Comment

Hello, I've spoken to PayPal and it seems that the is an issue for customers from the Isle of Man to complete their orders without ticking the box: "If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box."

They have suggested that I set the address override Variable to 0 (currently set at 1) for the Isle of Man - can anyone please let me know how to do this?

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

Channel Islands Issue

Hi

We are experiencing the same problem with the Channel Islands?? Getting the same error message - it only seems to be Jersey and Guernsey that are a problem.

Was the variable change you were told to correct within Paypal or within Seller Deck? We have only noticed this problem this week - and have just changed to Seller Deck 2013 - do you think this could be the problem??

Donna
          Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
            Hi

We are experiencing the same problem with the Channel Islands?? Getting the same error message - it only seems to be Jersey and Guernsey that are a problem.

Was the variable change you were told to correct within Paypal or within Seller Deck? We have only noticed this problem this week - and have just changed to Seller Deck 2013 - do you think this could be the problem??

Donna
            I'm getting this error on my test site, and I've entered my own address (Wiltshire). Works when I tick the "different delivery address" box.

Interestingly, on the Paypal error page, it's showing the country as "US", even though I selected UK. I wonder if that's part of the problem?

Anyway, has anyone found a fix?
            The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
              I'm getting this error on my test site, and I've entered my own address (Wiltshire). Works when I tick the "different delivery address" box.

Interestingly, on the Paypal error page, it's showing the country as "US", even though I selected UK. I wonder if that's part of the problem?

Anyway, has anyone found a fix?
              And then when I try to log in to complete the transaction, I get:

"Authenticating your information"
              then
              "Logging you in"
              then it fails with:
              "Please make sure you have entered your email address correctly" - which I know I did.
              The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

This only seemed to happen with PayPal in test mode. It's fine in live mode. Took a bit of a leap of faith to GO live, mind you lol
                The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
                X