Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloads not working, emails not being sent, desperate for help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe you need 'authorisation' just try your URL... it worked for us (but we did need to restart the services for it to change)...
    Bill

HTML Code:
    <a href="www.spicesofindia.co.uk">www.spicesofindia.co.uk</a>

Comment

Resolved

I thought I better say how I got this resolved in the end, in order that it may help anyone who encounters the same problem with download links not working.

It came down to the CGI module not being installed on the shared server I was on, despite it running Perl 5.10. An examination of the nph-download.pl script shows it calls for the module in the line "Use CGI;". Sellerdeck support did suggest this possibility after two weeks of me trying different things, but unfortunately it took another two weeks and two more server migrations before I was able to confirm this was the solution and persuaded my web hosters to install the module. Previous to this I had found CGI.pm v3.65 on the CPAN website and tried to upload the script to my CGI-bin manually, but this didn't work - it needs the server host to install it properly.

Running the Web Site Analysis in the Help/Troubleshooting menu proves which Perl modules are currently installed, mine was saying 'Not Installed' against CGI which was the problem, and incidentally CGI::Carp was not installed either. Both are now there thankfully.

At the same time as supplying me with new network settings, they also suggested an IP address I could put in to the SMTP server box, and this now works too with customer emails being sent and the network test passing successfully. I'm guessing the IP points to a relay server or something, but it certainly works a lot better than 'localhost'. Incidentally, the script workaround written by Normal Rouxel that I referred to also works on a Linux server, and I would have continued to use this had this IP address not worked for SMTP.

Four horrendous weeks this took me to resolve, blindly trying everything I could think of including changing the digdown.pm script and trying a disastrous aborted migration back to Windows. I hope this thread may help others solve a similar problem more quickly!

Comment

Working...
      X