Layout Breadcrumb Trail has disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout Breadcrumb Trail has disappeared

I have no idea why, but my Layout Breadcrumb Trail has disappeared. I am lost without it

I was playing around with layouts this morning, however I took a snapshot prior to that. When I saw that the Layout Breadcrumb Trail was not there, I reverted back to the snapshot in the hope that the trail would come back, but it didn't.

I have searched the forum, checked the integral help section and also the Advanced User Guide and whilst I can find information regarding how to use the trail, I cannot find how to switch it back on if it has become lost.

Please could somebody help me?

By breadcrumb trail assuming you mean the parent section links at the top and bottom of section pages. You can check the Settings menu for Parent Section List or revert them in the Design Library.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise, sorry no - it's the bar with pink icons shown below, which is normally located at the bottom of Design > Split View:-

I only know it's called a 'Layout Breadcrumb Trail' because I found it mentioned on the following page of the in-built help section:-

The 'Design' Tab > Help With Design > Navigating Round The Layouts

There doesn't seem to be much said anywhere about this bar - when I was searching the forums, most of the threads that showed up were talking about the breadcrumb trail that you have kindly replied with.

Comment

Have you tried Window | Restore Split View Layout in SellerDeck?

Comment

Many call the parent section links breadcrumbs. You can try compacting the database from the Housekeeping menu. Or you may want to check directly with SellerDeck support.
          Peblaco

Comment

Hi Duncan - I have just tried that but it didn't work unfortunately.

I did try clicking on just 'Split View' this morning, but I didn't think about restoring the split view as you have just mentioned.

I have closed SellerDeck and re-opened it, and that hasn't helped.

I can view the Layout Breadcrumb Trail with no problems in my other three sites, and also in the default jewellery site supplied. It is just this one site and, as I say, it was there yesterday.

Comment

Louise, thank you - I have just compacted the database but unfortunately that hasn't worked. Just before this reply, I also tried re-starting my PC to see if that would help, but it didn't.

I do have a support contract and so I'll submit a ticket now. I was guessing that Support don't work weekends which is why I thought I'd try asking in the forum, so I could try and get it fixed earlier than Monday.

Thank you both for your help. I will update this thread when I get the matter resolved.

Comment

I did have an issue not long ago where an interface toolbar was not showing correctly and that was related to a database issue which needed a fix by SellerDeck support.
                Peblaco

Comment

That sounds promising Louise, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Comment

Well. The bar is back

I submitted a ticket, and Support did reply earlier this afternoon which was fab as I thought they were closed at weekends.

I then wasn't at my desk for a while, and when I came back SellerDeck was still open as I left it. I took a snapshot of the site (because I wanted to try importing a few snapshots from the last 24 hours to find out approximately what time things went wrong). After the snapshot completed, and I clicked the 'Finish' button, suddenly the bar was back in place!

Very strange, but I'm very relieved Hope this helps somebody.

Comment

Working...
                    X