Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Account page

Hello

Im wondering if its possible to create a page with in sellerdeck to create new accounts?

At the moment I have a link to a separate input page that is controlled by cgi this is uploaded separate to sellerdeck and is very old now and not so great.

It allows customers who wish to create a wholesale account register first before ordering so that they get the appropriate level of discount. The script captures their details and then emails them to me so that I can create an account for them and checking that they are re-sellers and can have a trade account.

I understand that its possible for customers to create an account on an order but then it would go through at full retail price so not so useful for trade customers.

Anyhow maybe there is a page that can be turned on that allows customers to apply or create an account?

Sincerely

Bhu

If you need to approve the account etc then you could use a form for them to submit to with details. Yo uan use Machform for this which can easily be placed in a fragment. You design a form in Machform, the user fills it in and you automatically get an email with the details to create the account.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
      If you need to approve the account etc then you could use a form for them to submit to with details. Yo uan use Machform for this which can easily be placed in a fragment. You design a form in Machform, the user fills it in and you automatically get an email with the details to create the account.
      Hi

Yes that sounds similar to what I already have but created on a separate html page that I upload manually...

Here I should have provided a link...

http://www.brilliantgems.co.uk/acata...w_Account.html its a simple link page that goes here...

http://www.brilliantgems.co.uk/new_account.htm

As you can see its really outmoded and gaudy!

Id love to integrate it, is Machform a free app I've never heard of it?

Thanks for the replies. I cant wait till the wish list is answered

Comment

Looking at your site, you can create an account during check out so it I does make me ask, why do you need separate account process?

If it is so that you can be up on a different price structure, you will have to approve their account first which makes it difficult to automate. If you just want them to fill out their details you could have a product called 'Set up account', no value and people then will go through check out and the process will aid setting up account. However that is the same if they are ordering any of your product.

There is a bug with Sellerdeck which if you have a product with no value in the basket you can check out and set up an account, as not payment is associated with the account it will crash the site on the next upload.

We found that out, you can order a catalogue from us, no cost, if ordered on its own and an account is set up it cause this issue.
        Mash

Comment

Hi Thanks for that. Yes its for a different pricing. Im happy that retail customers can create an account on checkout. But I also sell trade to other resellers and these are the accounts I was on about. I don't need it to be automated just so that they can send me their details to create the account as I do already. But a bit more modern

Comment

OK, why not have that free product account and set up a component with product choices which represent the type of accounts on offer, retail, wholesale. They selelct the type, go through the check out process, you gather all their data, review their request, if suitable move them to the correct pricing plan.

Intergrated, pretty simple to action. Possible not the best solution but it would work.
            Mash

Comment

Hi Mash

That's sounds like a good idea

But what about the zero product price error crash thing that you mentioned before?

Best wishes

Bhu

Comment

All you have to do, click on accounts, if there isn't payment associated with an account it will say, you then just find the account, select a payment method and it is fine. It is important to remember to do that but it should prompt you as you have just had a request for account so you will be in there anyway.

If you forget when you upload or download orders, it will pop up then, stop the process and going into accounts to sort it.

Do a test and see how you get on. Some point sellerdeck may even fix this bug.
                Mash

Comment

Thanks for this idea I will give it a try

Comment

Let me know how you get on, thanks M
                    Mash

Comment

So been looking at doing this all afternoon. Trying to think of a way of making it appear on the side bar rather than in a product menu...

Comment

If you aren't using the best seller list or new product, you could this to get it in a side bar, rename the list as Open account and only select that product in it.

You could just link to the product in the side bar.

More than that you are moving back towards a form.
                        Mash

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X