No announcement yet.

Hierarchical Import - Permutations/Attributes Won't Import Back Into Sellerdeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierarchical Import - Permutations/Attributes Won't Import Back Into Sellerdeck

My product components, attributes & choices won't seem to import back into SellerdDeck from my CSV file when using a hierarchical import.

I get this error message

The record did not have a matching header line to specify the fields in the record.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance.

We really need to see the first few lines of your file (from the top to include complete section containing a sample)

Have you checked the header lines carefully?
    Did you change or remove any header lines at all?
    Have you checked your import file in notepad?

Comment

Hi There,

I haven't checked the header lines, don' really know what I am supposed to be checking for.
      I haven't removed any header lines from the csv except some lines which were completely blank
      I checked the error file in notepad & seems to come up with:

The record did not have a matching header line to specify the fields in the record.

I can forward a copy of the csv if needed

repeatedly!!

Thanks

Comment

Why are you importing, have you added some additional products or added choices etc to products that you want to import back?

Take the first 100 lines or so (as long as it contains an example of the problem) and upload the file here so we can take a look.

Comment

I am importing as once the excel file is set up we find it a lot easier to maintain adding new products etc rather than simply using the software directly.

I think I have managed to attach the file

thanks again

Comment

I see that the headers are not all there - as the error says.

What I suggest is that you export the catalog to csv and then compare the first 15 lines or so that start with 'Header:'. You will see that for example the one starting with 'Header:Component' is missing.

I would recommend you always leave all the header lines intact and maintain the required order of the lines as per working examples that you see in your export.

Comment

Perfect Thanks...Not sure how I managed to delete the header lines!

Comment

Working...
              X