Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on holiday

Hi,

I was just wondering how people manage when they go on holiday.

What is the best way of downloading orders etc when away? I work on my own, and it is ok for me to contract work for someone else during the day, as I can do all the downloading for my business at night.

However, there is going to be a time that I'd like to take a few days away and will need access to Sellerdeck during this time.

Does anyone know what the best way of doing this would be please? The ideal would be an iPad and remote work to my computer at home I guess. Is this possible?

Thanks

Joel

Depends on what you want and need to do. If it is just a record of any sales orders you can put in your holiday email address into the send a receipt copy field in business settings - you will then get a replica of the customer email with all the sales info.

If you are needing to operate SellerDeck you will need to remote connect to your PC using either VPN software or a service such as GoToMyPC or similar .... internet speed connection providing this will allow you to remote control your work PC as if you are sat in front of it. I use this to help sort issues with overseas clients - saves on the air travel.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes it is that sort of thing. Let's assume I go away for a week, within that time I will probably need to:

- download orders
      - check orders for fraud check/access addresses of the customer
      - maybe remove a product if it goes out of stock temporarily
      - possibly process a refund

Not sure I would need to do anything else with Sellerdeck, although I do have a separate order import system that converts the Sellerdeck order to a different file format that Codepath built for me. This requires Sellerdeck to be on the same device, and takes the order info and sends it to my fulfilment house's system..

Hence why it would be great if I could just use an iPad to access my normal desktop PC. I don't really want to have to buy a laptop and a tablet if I can avoid it, nor do I want to have to buy a Windows 8 tablet.

Comment

Using 'gotomypc' on my ipad, i can access my desktop PC as you say. Recommend it, very handy.

Comment

Thanks guys. That is excellent news.

I presume the PC needs to be left on all the time?

Comment

Yes it needs to be switched on and connected to the internet.
            Have a look at Teamviewer too - that is what we use although we used to use LogMeIn before that.
            Unusual Silver Jewellery
            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
            Crystal Healing Jewellery
            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Remote Desktop Connection

I connect from home and from elsewhere on a daily basis to our office server using the in-built Microsoft remote desktop connection, without requiring any other service.

When leaving work in the afternoon, I close the software, log off the server and shut-down the computer. On arriving home, I boot up, connect to work, open the software again and continue.

I use this every evening and weekend. I close software, log out and shut down at night as the server backs up (takes from 10.30 pm to 7.30 am to back up).

When going away from home, I take my tablet computer, and arriving at the destination I connect to work and have it running while I am there. The only times that Sellerdeck is not open is during journeys. If need be I could have the tablet running while travelling, but I don't bother - doesn't matter if Sellerdeck is not open continuously.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
              X