Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Data Feed errors

Hi
    I have just uploaded my data feed for the first time to merchant centre on Google.
    All items have been uploaded but all items have errors.

missing shipping weight attribute
    missing required attribute; availability
    invalid GTIN value
    insufficient product identifiers: missing 2 out of 3 attributes (GTIN, Brand, MPN)
    invalid ISBN number

I was under the impression that all of these would be fine as I have filled them all in on SellerDeck 2013 appropriately. So why am I getting all these errors?

Any help would be gratefully received
    Thank you
    Kind regards
    Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

You need to look at your feed and see what values are populating and which one's aren't. Also check your values. I've no idea why there's an ISBN field. That's for books, not curtain poles.

For more help, you should show us a line of product values and the relevant headers.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike.

I have a feeling that I have to add each one manually and tick to include in data feed which I haven't done. Just read another recent post from someone else.

kind regards
      Joanne
      Thank you
      Kind regards
      Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi Joanne,

If you look at the feed file that was generated, can you see those fields in there?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

I have the following

link - title - description - price - image link - id - upc - brand - isbn - condition - ean

kind regards
          Joanne
          Thank you
          Kind regards
          Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jan

I have been trying to sort out my data feed to upload to Google and I am a long way off yet.

MAnaged to get all my products through with Google_product_category but lots more to do.

I have the following errors
            missing shipping_weight attribute
            missing required attribute availablilty
            invalid GTIN value
            Insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn]

and I have the following warnings
            Missing recommended attribute: product type

with a few missing descriptions and images which I can sort out my self.

My question is.

As I have around 3000 products to alter, is there a quicker way to do this other than to create variables like I have just done with the categories. ?
            I'm sure that I read that your google mash can be set up to do this for me.

I have down loaded the free trial the other day but It just goes straight over my head, so I was hoping that you could help me please.
            Thank you
            Kind regards
            Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi Joanne,

You can set defaults in the product mash for values that are common over many products by setting the value at parent level.

My product mash can help you in many ways but you still have to put the data into Sellerdeck for it to pick up so it won't save you time in terms of data entry.

Lets see if we can help get you going though.

With the errors that you are seeing, check which are warnings and which are errors.

I think that the shipping weight is an optional value, many people don't enter weights into Sellerdeck and still list on Sellerdeck.

Availability is Mandatory but it should be included by default, the case has to be correct, so check that your's has a capital A

You have to produce an industry standard reference for Google Shopping now, this cannot be the product reference, it needs to be something like a manufacturers part number or a barcode, do you have that sort of thing for your products?

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan
                Thank you for your reply.

I can do the shipping weight and brand and mpn with no problems.

But, the availability might be a problem. We do not hold stock of all our products and many are sent direct from our supplier, so we do not have the stock control on our website. (something I would like to do but can't see how with how we run our business)
                So do I give the value of in stock on all products??

Also, I was under the impression that we only need 2 out of the 3 attributes of GTIN, Brand and MPN
                Is this not the case anymore? I have the brand and MPN's but only some of our products have barcodes.

Thank you for your help.
                Thank you
                Kind regards
                Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi Joanne,

These are the options for availability, you just need to choose the most appropriate one for your business, it might not be absolutely right for every product but you have to use one of these

'in stock': Include this value if you are certain that it will ship (or be in-transit to the customer) in 3 business days or less. For example, if you have the item available in your warehouse.

'available for order': Include this value if it will take 4 or more business days to ship it to the
                  customer. For example, if you don’t have it in your warehouse at the moment, but are sure that it will arrive in the next few days. For unreleased products, use the value 'preorder'

'out of stock': You’re currently not accepting orders for this product. (Important tip: When your products are out of stock on your website, don't remove them from your data feed. Provide this value instead).

'preorder': You are taking orders for this product, but it’s not yet been released.

As for the GTIN, the requirement is different for different product types, there is a knowledgebase entry on my mole end support site here :

http://moleend.helpserve.com/Knowled...s-what-is-this

and that has a link to the latest info from google shopping at the bottom.

If you have items that you manufacture then you can mark them as not having a GTIN, using the indentifier exists option.

Regards,

Comment

Hi Jan

Thank you for your help.

I have managed to sort out my availability it would seem.

I am having problems getting the shipping weight attribute to work and the GTIN using the identifier exists option.

I am using the varient shipping_weight and placing it in properties on my products. I am entering values like 2 kg and I have tried 2kg (without a space) and nothing works.

I'm not sure what I'm doing on the identifier exists option.
                    Some of my products have a barcode which I can put in at the EAN variable but some don't, therefore I will need to use this option

I have tried creating a variable in properties identifier_exists and enetering values of FALSE (as it says on Google help) and I've tried TRUE (as it says on your molend forum) and neither work.

The titles are showing when I view the entry in the debugger on google merchant account, but there are no values showing for shipping weight or identifier exists.

Do you know what I am doing wrong, cos I can bet you it is me not doing it right!

Thank you

kind regards
                    Joanne
                    Thank you
                    Kind regards
                    Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X