cgi-bin breadcrumb trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin breadcrumb trail

The breadcrumb trail works fine when on a standard .HTML page. If linking to a product via the cgi-bin (marketing lists, search results etc) the variables become borked and the output is html.

The variables are not being parsed and the source code shows:

<a href="<actinic:variable name=" sectionpagename" target="_self">

which outputs

"target="_self">My Page 1 > "target="_self">My Page 2

BaseHREF is in place and on non cgi-bin pages it works fine ... so why are the sellerdeck variables not being parsed on the upload to the cgi-bin?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

It is v12.0.4. Pretty much all the layouts are modified. I have removed and added the variables back in to the breadcrumb trail from fresh with no change. The variable settings look fine. There are no reserved characters in the section or product names and it occurs on all products via the cgi-bin.

It is an upgraded site from v10 or v11 don't recall which.

Most peculiar.

Bikster

Comment

<a href="<actinic:variable name=" sectionpagename" target="_self">
      Is the code above copy / pasted from the actual layout in question? If so there is an extraneous space before sectionpagename and there should be a / before the final >.

Also, my SD 12.0.3 uses (layout Compact Parent Section Link):
      Code:
      <a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionHref" />" target="_self" class="link_breadcrumbs"><actinic:variable name="SectionName"/></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
      And layout SectionHref contains:
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFilteringPageAsDefaultView%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False%29%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFilteringPageAsDefaultView%22%20%2f%3e%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>
      N.B. One long line, no newlines or spaces.

If this doesn't help, the URL of a working an non-working page would help.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If there are modifications it's worth resetting the parent section layout and it's related link layouts to the factory defaults to check, including the start of list / end of list which sometimes don't reset correctly. P.S. Congratulations on 11,000 posts.
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          Is the code above copy / pasted from the actual layout in question? If so there is an extraneous space before sectionpagename and there should be a / before the final >
          no it was pseudo code typed in manually.

everything looked fine but I did a partial design export from a vanilla site in the end and it resolved ... it still looks the same but is working. I am guessing something borked on the upgrade import routine.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            Congratulations on 11,000 posts.
            Cheers 10,999 are just taking the micky out of Lee and Darren though

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X