Duplicate fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate fields?

I was under the impression that when a product was updated, that duplicates were automatically updated in any fields that weren't ticked as being modifiable in "duplicate field configuration".

I've just recent added prices to some new products (previously at £0.00), but the duplicates didn't update until the product "reset duplicates" option was chosen.

Should the fields that aren't modifiable not be updated automatically without the need for reset?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

I had the same issue in 12.0.3, SellerDeck support raised a bug reference "SD-1259 Problems with duplicates", this was mentioned as fixed in the 12.0.4 release notes "Resolved a number of issues affecting duplicates with hidden products and duplicates not updating, SD-1259". I notice your main site is on 12.0.3. You may want to do a test upgrade with the new 12.0.4 patch.
    Peblaco

Comment

Much appreciated - Typically as soon as I read you post I remembered reading it there....

Was a "reset all duplicates" (non modifiable fields only) ever added to SellerDeck? I see that it was discussed on the wishlist some time ago, but don't see any reference to it on 12.0.3's help pages?

Comment

I don't think a reset all was added, I also requested it on the wish list when I last had the same issue and was given a wish list reference number WL-2963.
        Peblaco

Comment

Oh well - I guess I better get resetting then.........

Thanks again!

Comment

The field you want updating, try and untick that in duplicate configuration, apply that, then retick it and apply, see if that does it for you.

Comment

the field that I have noticed not updating (there could be more) is price - but it's not set as modifiable, so no tick?

Comment

Try a reverse of the tick status and then change it back, see if that does anything.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                  Try a reverse of the tick status and then change it back, see if that does anything.
                  I would, but being a dumb a**, I'm not certain which of the various price fields is the actual price, dynamic this, description that, but nothing that just says price - price layout perhaps?

Comment

I understood that product price and product reference remain the same between parent product and duplicate and so do not appear as modifiable fields. The duplicate fields mentioning prices are layouts, descriptions or other settings, dynamic price is a layout selector. If your main product price is not updating on duplicates you could try a compact database from the Housekeeping menu or you may want to check with the SellerDeck support team.
                    Peblaco

Comment

I hadn't actually realised that it wasn't modifiable - I'll most likely speak to SD on it.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with creating "master" products with £0.00 prices & duplicating them before the price was available - not something that I've done before.

Comment

Working...
                      X