Master attribute or component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master attribute or component

I have say 200 silver pendants,each having a choice of the same 10 chains.

As i purchase the chains from different suppliers based on who has the best price that week our choices are always changing.

Is it possible to have 1 master component or attribute so that if I remove, add or edit a chain it will automatically update across all pendants using the same drop down box.

The only way I can see this working at the moment is having to edit all 200 products each time I make a change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Components with Permutations with Associate Products do this.

Basically you'd have 10 chains as master items (you could hide them if you never sell them at the set price).

Then on your products that include chains, create a Component for the chain choices. Inside that Component, have an Attribute "Chain type" and add all the Choices. Then use the Permutations tab / Fill List to bring in all choices. Finally, set the the appropriate master chain as the Associated Product for each Choice.

See the Help for Making Customer Selection Affect Price, Choice and Stock Level. And other permutation / associated product related topics.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X