Filtering Results Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering Results Page

When a section has filtering enabled and the user clicks into that section all the products are shown along with the filtering tick boxes. When the user tick a filter the products return just the products matching the filters selected .... which layout is being used to display the matching filtered products?

At the moment it appears that something akin to the search results page is shown and I am losing all the filtering option in the sidebar ... or have I missed something in the set up of the filtering.

It bounces from a acatalog/page.html before selecting a filter to a /cgi-bin/ url to display the filtered results.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Originally posted by jont View Post
    When a section has filtering enabled and the user clicks into that section all the products are shown along with the filtering tick boxes. When the user tick a filter the products return just the products matching the filters selected .... which layout is being used to display the matching filtered products?

At the moment it appears that something akin to the search results page is shown and I am losing all the filtering option in the sidebar ... or have I missed something in the set up of the filtering.

It bounces from a acatalog/page.html before selecting a filter to a /cgi-bin/ url to display the filtered results.
    Mine uses a tabular product list with filtered product summary (within the product summary on the Section Page Body).

The "Regular Left Sidebar" is unaffected.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Default filtering layouts used are as posted here:
      1) Filtered product summary layout is used to display products before you click on a filter.
      2) Tabular search result layout is used after you click on a filter when the results are sorted (also used by the quick search).
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
        DTabular search result layout
        That could be it - thanks Louise - it is an upgraded site so will compare the layout with a default site and see if anything is missing

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
          Mine uses a tabular product list with filtered product summary (within the product summary on the Section Page Body).

The "Regular Left Sidebar" is unaffected.
          Thanks Karla - they are the same setting I have as well.

Bikster

Comment

Just in case it is of use to others I tracked the issue down to the product filter layout being inserted into the product list by the upgrade engine - it needs to sit in the outer layout or sidebar layout depending on your theme in place.

It now stays on the same HTML page when displaying the filter results and not swapping out to the /cgi-bin/ as before.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X