Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal emails not detailed

Hi

I started using PayPal and PayPal express with my sellerdeck and so far so good.

It wasn't until I started also selling on Etsy and purchased a few items myself off the web that I noticed my sellerdeck sales via PayPal have no details in the product description area

The value shows ok but the product description is left blank on the emails that PayPal generate to me and my customer.

When I sell via Etsy the PayPal email I receive and the customers has the product description in. Much more professional.

I have contacted seller deck support but they say that this is not possible with the seller deck interface at the moment but will be added to a wish list.

Has anyone else noticed this and found a cure? It would be great to have the product description filled in on the PayPal emails sent to my customers. I contacted PayPal and they say it's because the sellerdeck is forwarding the I formation to them as if it was a digital product and not a shipped real product. Sellerdeck support have had no comment on that part as yet.

Any advice help appreciated

Thank you

Bhu

Sellerdeck is set up to use paypal as a payment service provider and as such just passes the order number, total and customer details across. It has nothing to do with being a 'digital product' or not. That's just a distraction from someone talking nonsense.

You should be sending the customer an order confirmation email that will have all the details on what products have been ordered, shipping charges, VAT, etc. Duplicating this in the paypal payment confirmation would be a duplication of effort and cause process issues when an alternative psp is used.

You could probably do this yourself by editing the paypal template to include the product details as listed in 'Method 2' here. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...eckout-outside

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for that info. Strange that PayPal didn't give me that idea of editing the templates as I was on the phone with them for quite a while discussing it all. Yes seller deck sends out an email confirming the order details so all is good there. I will look at the link you provided and see whether it's worth doing or not. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X