Page speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page speed

My Google page speed is very slow. I've used Easy Thumbnails to make my images smaller, but it's still only 37/100.

Would it help if I was to remove the lightbox images from component products and cut all the products that are deleted?

Does anyone have any further suggestions please?

www.musictoyourears.co.uk

Thanks

Joel

Looking at tools.pingdom.com your images still seem quite large. Downloaded the logo2.jpg and put it in Photoshop at 51/100 quality (which looked fine) and reduced it from 46.8kb to 9.4kb. Also, the new sidebar is bringing the images in at 425 pixels and shrinking them to 130 - re-do them at 130 and use that instead.
    =======================================
    Cater For You Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by watsy View Post
      Looking at tools.pingdom.com your images still seem quite large. Downloaded the logo2.jpg and put it in Photoshop at 51/100 quality (which looked fine) and reduced it from 46.8kb to 9.4kb. Also, the new sidebar is bringing the images in at 425 pixels and shrinking them to 130 - re-do them at 130 and use that instead.
      Thanks Andy, I'll try that.

Joel

Comment

Ah, I can't change the image sizes as they are used at 425 on other pages. The same image, so if I change them then all sorts could go wrong.

Comment

Try changing the source of the 'new' sidebar to thumbnail images and using those instead of the standard size which won't then make other things go wrong. That's assuming you don't use the thumbnail field already.
          =======================================
          Cater For You Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X