Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sync server issues (tried everything here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync server issues (tried everything here)

Since sync server issues seem to be a big problem for a lot of people, I though it would be worth asking..

The original problem:
    - Business Plus PC was fine
    - Business Plus User received error "Communication with the synchronization server has failed. You must restart SellerDeck."

I've followed the guide here http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=44523 and various others, none of which have worked.

Steps taken so far:
    - Everything in above guide

Outcome:
    Nothing changed apart from when using PC name instead of IP (tried pc-name and pc-name.domain.local), not even the Business Plus PC was able to connect.. So I reverted back to IP Notifications with my IP address instead, and all is working again for me, but not for Business Plus User.

Are there any known program conflicts or anything? Apache maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Jack

Have you tried to go to
    Control Panel
    Admin Tools
    Services

Check Sync server is running , if it's not highlight it and press start at top left of screen
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply - sync server is definitely running.. I also have V11 running on this machine, could this be a problem? Both are using totally different sync services of course (v11 using Actinic Sync Server and 2013 using SellerDeck Sync Server 2013).

Kinda need to resolve this but it seems pretty hopeless..

Comment

We've been having problems with ActSyncSvr.exe : changing from XP to Win7 (Actinic v10)

I disconnect the XP machines, and run the Win7 machine and I get a window (see attached image)

When I click "yes", the mouse cursor has an hourglass that flickers on and off.
        - catalog.exe in the task manager : memory usage just goes up
        - program never opens
        - i have the end task to kill it off

When I click "no", the window re-appears
        - understandable, as the XP machine it refers to is OFF

When I click "cancel", the program is not opened, catalog.exe in task manager is killed off.

I've opened TCP ports (not UDP - should I open UDP also?) on the Win7 machines
        and both Catalog.exe and ActSyncSvr.exe are allowed (ticked) in the inbound firewall settings for domain and home/work (and unticked for "public")

Help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Switching to using IP number seems to work!

Using computer names doesn't work for us.

Comment

IP based notification is the default.. And does not work

Comment

After trying it our for a day, result:

It's not that stable.
              - I had a few Sync Server Comm Failures(see image)
              - never had this problem on XP

When I first switched to IP, it would immediately crash with that message, but starting it up again is okay - but today, it has randomly crashed out with the comms failure message.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X