X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing overall layout

Hi all,

I want to edit the overall layout file.
    Im looking for actprimary.html or act.css etc but cannot find them ?

Michael
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Im trying to force vertical scrollbars on every page, I wish I could do it myself but sadly not.

The code im trying to use is:

html {
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Files like Act_Primary.html ceased to exist when Actinic V8 came out in 2006. Everything is in the Library (Design / Library) nowadays.

The code you mention needs to be put into the Current Stylesheet layout. Easiest done by clicking the Design tab (between Content and Orders), then click the Current Stylesheet button. Paste the code into the bottom, after everything else.

P.S. some CSS gurus suggest adding this overflow-y style to the body tag. To do this, open the Current Stylesheet as above. A few lines down you should see:
      Code:
      body {
      Immediately after it add a line:
      Code:
      	overflow-y: scroll;
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman,

I am totally embarrassed it was that simple, my brain still works in actinic mode.
        It works perfectly but slows down my 1and1 server a bit, theres a slight delay in page load whilst the server applies the scrollbar - I may upgrade my hosting.

In return for the help you have given me, now and over the years I may buy your image upload onto product plugin, as long as it works with 2013.

Kind regards,

Michael
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Scrollbar: That tweak won't have any effect on your server speed. All the server has to do is send an actinic.css file that's now 25 bytes larger. Old customers will have to load this file instead of a using a browser-cached version (as it's changed). New customers will see no difference as they get sent this file anyway. You may have seen a one-off slowdown in inital page load when the new actinic.css was sent. That should be in your browsers cache now for use future visits.

Image Upload. I have an SD 20113 version of this. Email me for details via info AT drillpine.biz.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X