Publishing issue - VAT tax data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publishing issue - VAT tax data

We copied and pasted a few products from one V12 site to another but now on attempted to publish we numerous error messages with different product references listed. Example below:

The ‘VAT’ tax data for product reference ‘1453745’ () is invalid(101=2000.00=0=).
    You are linking to a ‘V4 Tax 1 Opaque Data’ field which contains ‘101=2000.00=0=’.
    If we do a Ctrl+F for 1453745 no products are found with this number.

Any ideas?

Sellerdeck V12.0.4

Try doing a full export and then searching for that reference in the exported file.

Comment

Hi Duncan

Yes, all the "product references' that were causing errors are listed in the export but not appearing within the Content Tree

Any thoughts on my next step?

Comment

Then I suspect they may be hidden or components.
        If you look carefully you should be able to see what section the rogue is in and then perhaps be able to find it in the tree.

Comment

On the export it often appears in a section that actually has no products in yet and on searching the content tree in that section there is nothing there

Added: It appears to be something to do with the fragment in each section but in the export it's listed as a product - sample attached from export.
          Attached Files

Comment

The first thing I'd do with database problems is compact the database.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've tried that already Mike

Comment

Can you edit the exported file to remove all of those products - presuming you don't need them - and then import with replace?

Or delete them and export from the original location and copy them over via import?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

OMG

Looks like a bigger problem than I first thought as i've now got Product Page Layout issues popping up. What I thought was a simple copy & paste has become a headache.

Thanks for all your help folks!

Comment

I've found in the past, and still find, that when I copy and paste a section that contains both products and fragments that I get asked for a product reference for the fragment. I usually just click the 'auto generate' (as I don't want to give it a product reference) and this seems to result in the fragment being assigned a product reference consecutive to the last one entered.

The only problem this tends to cause me is that I sometimes find I can't use a product reference for a product because it's already been assigned to a fragment and I have to go into the database and correct this.

In this case it sounds like the fragments have got even more confused. I suspect the best thing would be to get sellerdeck to look at the database and clean it up. This kind of problem sounds as if it could propagate and get worse over time if left to itself.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Try this.

Do a hierarchical export. Reimport into a fresh site, in the mapping options remove the mapping for V4 Tax Data.

Comment

I've found in the past, and still find, that when I copy and paste a section that contains both products and fragments that I get asked for a product reference for the fragment. I usually just click the 'auto generate' (as I don't want to give it a product reference) and this seems to result in the fragment being assigned a product reference consecutive to the last one entered.
                        Thanks @Mike Hughes - this is exactly my scenario!

Comment

@bentleybloke

I shall attempt this but never very confident with import/export process

Comment

Working...
                          X